Complete Surface Protection (including protection from molds)
- ASN Guard All Surface Antimicrobial Coating is completely resistant to acidic, alkaline and reactive solvents.
- Additionally, it protects the surfaces from the attack of a broad range of fungi. Also effective against molds, mildew, algae and resistant biofilms.
- Since coating imparts protection to surfaces thereby reducing maintenance cost. Overall a cost effective solution.
- Coating remains intact for up to 30/90 days giving 24hrs protection, which however depends on the use of surface and level of abrasion.
99.99% proven efficacy in killing Stubborn (Non-Enveloped) Viruses
The active ingredient QAC in ASN Guard Antimicrobial coating is effective in killing all three types of viruses as per EPA guidelines, i.e.
- Enveloped viruses, e.g. Coronavirus, Herpes virus, Influenza virus or Hepatitis virus.
- Large Non-enveloped viruses, e.g. Adenovirus, Rotavirus, or Papillomavirus.
- Small Non-enveloped viruses, e.g. Escherichia MS2 virus*, Enterovirus, or Rhinovirus.
- According to EPA’s policy, a disinfectant is considered to be effective against an emerging pathogen (i.e. COVID-19) if it demonstrates efficacy (in level of EPA claimed limits) in killing more resistant virulent species (i.e. small non-enveloped viruses).
- ASN Guard Long Term Antimicrobial Coating was found 99.99% effective in killing MS2 bacteriophage and was considered suitable for deactivation of surfaces for COVID-19.
- Since SARS COV-2 strand is not commonly available in labs for testing, so as per EPA Guidelines OCSPP 810.2200 and OCSPP 810.2000, all third party lab tests were conducted on viruses where ASN Guard Antimicrobial Coating was found to be successful virucide for deactivation of COVID-19
Invisibility and Inertness
- ASN Guard All Surface Antimicrobial coating is completely transparent and inert giving a smooth sheer look to the coasted surface
- The coating dries quickly and is permeable to air.
- No obnoxious chemical smells.
- In addition to giving anti-microbial protection, the coating imparts additional protection to the coated surface from dust, oil and water.
- It makes surface easy to clean and disinfect requiring little use of expensive cleaning agents or harsh chemicals.
- The coating can be applied using spray equipment, pump or simple hand sprayer, immersion, padding or with the help of roller.
- To ensure even spread on hard or tough surfaces, a microfiber cloth can be used for uniform coating spread after spraying.
ASN Guard Antimicrobial Coating stabilizes within minutes after application and surface is ready for medium usage. Maximum adhesion to the surface may take 8-12 hrs.
The coverage of Antimicrobial Coating depends on the surface absorbency and technique used for application. For non-porous surfaces, it takes 1ml of formulation per square feet. For porous surface, it takes 1.5ml of formulation per square feet.
The antimicrobial ingredient complies with WHO and EPA standards
ASN Guard Long Term Antimicrobial Coating contain Quaternary ammonium compounds (QAC) in a concentration of 0.65% w/w which is higher than the percentage recommended by WHO for Anti-COVID disinfectants. The cationic nature of QAC neutralize the negatively charged viral proteins thus rendering them non-virulent.
World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines: COVID-19 is susceptible to disinfectant Quaternary ammonium compounds in concentration of 0.5%.
(Environmental Protection Agency, U.S) EPA website: